The Target Affiliate Program
You should definitely move towards the Target affiliate program if you have built up a genuine audience that trusts what you represent. Affiliate programs are prevalent nowadays mostly because it is simple to work on and it generates a hefty amount of income.
Target affiliate program is similar to Amazon associates. The best thing about this program is that you don’t have to spend time building your audience’s trust since everyone knows how credible it is. Conversions rates with Target have always been maximum since people trust what they sell.
This program is great for influencers, bloggers, and webmasters, who have a US-based audience. If you are confident that you can influence people to buy a certain product, you should sign up for this program. On signing up, you can promote products from Target. For each sale, you will receive a commission.
For instance, you have reviewed a bookshelf on your website and linked it to Target’s store. If someone likes the product, they can click on the link and make a purchase. As a result, you can receive a commission from 1 to 8%, depending upon how often people follow your links.
To be a part of the Target affiliate program, you should have a website with traffic from the US. Since Target is an American retail corporation and it does not ship to other countries, it would be useless if you don’t have a US audience.
There is a broad line of products that Target sells. From food supplies to home décor, everything is there in the store. Though Target offers affiliate products on millions of these products, it is upon the affiliate to select the high-paying products.
You can sell products from a variety of categories, yet there are restrictions to some products.
Excluded product categories
- Baby care products
- Books and magazines
- Household sundries
- Snacks and candies
- Electronics, video games, and other digital products
- Included product categories
- Beauty products
- Clothing items
- School and office supplies
- Home décor and essentials
The commission on Target varies from 1 to 8% that highly depends upon the sale of a certain month and the kind of product you have selected for promotion. For this reason, it is necessary to promote products that are in demand and generate enough sales at the same time.
In the Target affiliate program, the commission is structured according to the product category. You can make the most commission from the category of home and outdoor living and the apparel category. You can get a 5% commission in these categories even if the monthly sale is between 0 to 10. Gradually it will increase to 8% in case of 10,000 sales per month.
Health and beauty category makes the least commission out of all that is 1%, even if you sell 10,000+ products a month.
Apparel and Accessories – 5 to 8%
Home and Outdoor Living – 5 to 8%
Baby gear and Furniture – 5%
Health and Beauty – 1%
This is so far the best thing about the Target Affiliate program. 7-days cookie duration means if the customer has clicked on your affiliate link and makes a purchase of that product within seven days of clicking, you will get the commission. Unlike other affiliate programs that have a tracking period of 24 hours to 3 days, Target offers the best.
Moreover, the commission will be all yours if the customer makes any purchase within the period of 7 days.
Let me explain this with an example. Let’s say you have a blog about home essentials. Someone clicked on your affiliate link to purchase a table. But they forget about it or just get busy with other stuff. Four days later, the same customer purchased the table. Thus, you will earn the commission for this sale. Even if the customer buys a chair two days later, you will earn the commission for that as well.
Tools and Support
Impact Radius manages Target. On joining, you will get access to a lot of creative materials, including banners for the promotion of products. You can use all those banners and swipes on your website if you like.
You can also make deep links to direct the customers to any of Target’s pages. Other than that, you will also receive weekly newsletters that have information about the promotions and other coupon codes.
Using Target Affiliate Program
You can promote Target products in different ways on the internet. There are some low-priced product categories with which you cannot make a commission. Even on the categories that are included, you will get a fairly limited commission per product.
The best way to promote Target products is to have a blog. The more targeted the blog, the better you will be able to sell things. It doesn’t matter where in the world you reside; you can earn commission through Target. However, the only condition is to have a US-based audience.
Thorough keyword research and quality content can definitely bring you lots of traffic. How you convert the traffic to sales is completely upon you. You can present the product in the best possible way and keep yourself in the buyer’s shoes to bring up the best strategies.
Joining Target Affiliate Program
The target affiliate program works with Impact Radius. By joining Impact Radius, you can get all the affiliate tools provided by Impact Radius.
Before joining the affiliate program, you should have a website with traffic mainly from the US. Enroll your blog in the affiliate program. Make sure to have a website that talks about a very specific topic to earn better through an affiliate.
You just need to fill a form to enroll yourself in the affiliate program. They will ask you questions about your website and business, which you can definitely answer quite easily.
If you are a suitable candidate according to their terms and conditions have all the criteria fulfilled, you are likely to get accepted for the program. It usually does not take more than two business days to respond to the application.
After that, you can start promoting the products once you receive affiliate tools and other banner ads.
Why Should I Join Target Affiliate Program?
Here is why Target Affiliate Program is best for you.
The best thing about this program is that your commission increases depending upon the sales volume of a specific month. This way, you can earn commission anywhere between 1 to 8% depending upon the products you have sold.
There is a large range of products on Target. The store has almost everything that a person needs. From groceries to clothing to house décor, people can buy everything from them. Apart from some excluded categories, you can promote a lot of their products and can earn a commission for each sale. There are about one million products from the included categories that can be promoted as an affiliate.
Since Target is already a reputable store that every US citizen trusts, you do not have to spend time explaining to your audience about its credibility. Other than that, some products can even be delivered on the same day with Shipt shoppers. This speaks volumes for their services.
The best thing about this program is the creative promotion for which they provide banners, ads, widgets, and other materials. Every time there is a sale going on, you will get updates with the banners so you can use them along with the affiliate link. For even more convenience, they provide banners of different sizes, so you can add any size that seems fit for your website.
While Target offers so many advantages, some drawbacks cannot be ignored. Some of the categories offer extremely low commissions even if you sell 10,000+ products per month. For instance, the Commission for Health & Beauty category does not exceed 1%.
This affiliate program will only benefit you if you have a US-based audience. Traffic coming from other countries will not benefit you with this program since Target does not ship internationally. Also, it is not much effective, there are almost 1850+ stores all over the US. Citizens can go and purchase the items any time from the store.
Final Verdict – Is Target Affiliate Program Worth it?
Target is worth it if you have just started blogging with an audience from the US that trusts what you say. Though it does not seem worthy compared to other affiliate programs, it is still good for you if you know how to convert traffic to sales.
However, if you think Target can completely replace the income you generate from the Amazon affiliate program, you are wrong.
This program will suit you best if you are just starting out and want to understand practically how the whole affiliate thing works. Also, if your blog’s niche falls into any of the included products categories, you are good to go.
Nevertheless, there are so many amazing affiliate options that you can pick from.
Getting started with a niche website
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch and SemRush. Take it to a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book, for example, so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video. I would also recommend launching a YouTube channel as it will give you the extra exposure you need to take full advantage of the audience. On the platform, you can create videos reviewing the products and drop links below that will guide your audience to Nike’s official website. Fitness niche sites are also an excellent platform for Nike shoes and other products, but their content must be relayed with what you are marketing. Otherwise, you will lose authority and trust during the marketing process. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template, so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- TAKE ACTION!