What is SamCart
SamCart is an online shopping cart that sells digital products. SamCart can help you set up a membership area and sell ebooks, courses, coaching, or online courses. It’s a hosted service and doesn’t require technical knowledge.
It’s a simple addon that allows you to make the most out of every sale. By optimizing your checkout pages experience, you can increase conversion rates from sales pages.
- New Customizable Order Bump Layout Multiple order bumps can be presented to increase your LTV.
- New SamCart Courses — Create online classes using SamCart without any additional services
- Integrations – 3 payment processors, 18 email service providers, 7 membership systems, Zapier, custom webhooks
- Upsells in a Click
- You can pay what you want
- Subscriber Saver
- Cart Abandonment
- Advanced Subscriptions
- Coupons and Discounts
- Premade templates
- Reporting (sales and refunds, subscriptions upsells, fees, traffic, etc.)
- Triggers — Fire events that occur at specific times
- A/B Split Testing — Test which layout is more popular (but not pricing).
- Marketing Analytics (aka. UTM codes
- Affiliate Program
- You can set up custom domains per product
Payment Options and Coupons
SamCart offers many options to position and price your products.
- Subscribe to our newsletter (weekly or monthly), quarterly, annually, or on a custom day
- Amount of rebills (nonstop up to ‘X’ amount).
- Trail period
- Price at the beginning and the recurring price
- Both digital and physical products
- Shipping costs can be added to physical products depending on where they are shipped
- Coupons — Recurring or one-time. Flat rate or percentage
- You can choose from a variety of payment terms
- Buy Bumps
- Taxes — Sales tax and VAT
SamCart supports the sale of physical products but it’s designed to be part of a sales funnel, like a newsletter or book. It’s not intended for one-off purchases.
SamCart’s templates are a popular feature. There are two options: premade templates or empty layouts.
The empty layout is a collection of simple designs that can be used to match different cart designs. There are eight empty layouts available:
- Blocky — Simple design that includes contact information at the top, middle order summary and payment methods at the bottom.
- Startup — This is a modern layout using the Blocky template, with the payment options in the middle.
- Launchpad — A different version of the Startup template.
- Accelerator – Two-column layout, with product information on the right and order information on left.
- Multi-Step — This breaks down the sales page in multiple steps (Contact Information and Order Details as well as Confirmation).
- Popup template — Create a popup order from orders received from another website.
- Full Width — This layout is perfect for mobile ordering.
- Two Column — This layout is similar to the Accelerator layout but the order information can be found on the right. The content is in the left column.
There are also pre-made templates. These templates can be used for specific niches. There are 19 options to choose from
- One-page Blueprint – SamCarts has recently promoted the idea of having all your information on a single sales page.
- Publisher — This template can be used to sell a book or an ebook.
- Fitness — A sample design to promote your book or course in fitness.
- Video Sales letter — VSL can be used to sell products and is a popular sales tool.
- Masterclass — A way to make an online course sellable
- Portrait — An example online shopping cart from a photography studio.
- Trainer – An example of an online personal trainer.
- Studio — A mockup of a dance studio to promote live coaching.
- Avo — This is an example of a product-based, all-in-one sales page.
- Webinar — SamCart used this example to show how webinars can be an effective way to sell high-ticket products.
- Inventor – This template can be used to sell a high-end physical product.
- Nutrition — A sample layout to sell healthy dietary ebooks or memberships.
- Classroom – A template that makes it easy to market courses to students.
- Traveler – Sell travel information online
- Author – Promote your book using this design.
- Agency – Sell pre-prepared consulting work in this simple-to-change format.
- Authority — This template can be used by experts to promote your course.
- Software — A template to sell software as a download or as a service.
- Trial – Sell some before you charge your customers full price.
Although the templates are not terrible, they could be a bit cleaner in terms of removing design elements. These templates show the flexibility of SamCart’s editor.
These designs are both mobile- and desktop-friendly. Mobile ordering is a key aspect of online shopping today. You should make sure that your service supports mobile ordering. SamCart’s pre-made templates and options to enable/disable items on mobile, as well as wallet support, make SamCart a great choice.
Drag & Drop Builder
SamCart’s visual editor offers many options for making your order page stand out and increasing conversions with various promotional techniques.
The Core Features
There are many options for displaying information on your order form.
These tools can be used for increasing sales of your product. There are many styles available for each of these tools.
- Progress bar — Displays the progress of the user during the order process.
- Countdown Limited time offer It can be the date they entered the sales page, or a specific date and/or time.
- Guarantee – One of the easiest ways to reduce risk is to show a seal.
- Testimonial — Another way to make sure the buyer is making the right choice is to use social proof.
- FAQ – Get rid of common objections with the frequently asked questions section.
- Tabs — Too much information on a sales page can make it confusing for the buyer. Tabs make it easy to present many information.
- Custom HTML – Add custom HTML to your order page,
SamCart’s editor also offers a collection feature, called Collections. This feature can be thought of as mini-templates that you can use on your order pages. These are pre-designed layouts you can use on any page.
You can choose to display or hide all of these on mobile and desktop devices. You can save your winning design as a template if you have a design that you like and want to reuse (which I highly recommend).
SamCart’s affiliate program is simpler than ThriveCart. SamCart’s settings are global and can not be modified by affiliates or products. The reporting for affiliates is, well, basic. Affiliates don’t have any option to add their own pixels or create an exclusive bonus.
SamCart does not have a postback function for super affiliates such as me. Affiliates who want to track conversions have only one choice. Affiliates have only one option: the Marketing Analytics option, which is available only with the Scale plan. As a SamCart customer, you must enable Utm_content so that your affiliates have access to traffic source information. This is not a practical solution.
SamCart’s Affiliate Program works but it is not the best part of their service. You should consider ThriveCart or adding an affiliate system such as TUNE or Cake to meet your affiliate needs.
SamCart offers Zapier integration and webhooks for extending their service.
SamCart offers slightly more payment gateway options than ThriveCart. SamCart uses Braintree, while ThriveCart uses Authorize.net. This restriction may limit your choices in your shopping cart system.
SamCart is able to support Stripe. It’s easy to set up and apply for. PayPal is another popular payment method that SamCart supports. It is highly recommended that you enable it. My experience shows that many customers prefer PayPal due to its security and the ability to pay using a checking account and concealing credit card details.
SamCart also supports Stripe if you want to accept a digital wallet such as Apple Pay, Microsoft Pay or Google Pay.
Email marketing providers
SamCart has many email providers that you can choose from.
- Campaign Monitor
- Campaign Refinery
- CM Commerce
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
- Market Hero
Membership service is necessary to sell digital products or monthly subscriptions to private areas. ThriveCart is compatible with a variety of membership services and WordPress plugins.
ThriveCart is a direct partner with these membership programs:
- Digital Access Pass
- WishList Member
Zapier allows you to connect with other memberships.
You only have one choice if you want to sell physical products.
Other services are not included in this category
- Register as an Affiliate
When a particular event occurs, you can send events to external services. These events can be for each product or all products (global). These events can be performed:
- Place your order
- Add Product to Your Order
- Product purchased
- Product Refunded
- Product Partially Refunded
- Prospect created
- Cancellation of Subscription
- Failure to pay a subscription fee
- Subscription Fee
- Subscription Delinquent
- Subscription Recovered
- Subscription Restarted
- Subscription Started
- Subscription Charge Refunded
- Partially Refunded Subscription Charge
- Upsells Available
These triggers can be used with SamCart’s built-in integrations, Zapier or webhooks to create your custom integration.
SamCart has four pricing options.
- Launch Plan: $49/month
- Grow Plan: $99 per month
- Scale Plan: $199/month
- Enterprise Plan: $399/month
SamCart Launch plan is for entrepreneurs who want to launch their first digital product. This plan is not suitable for subscription businesses or people who need the one-click upsell and payment plan features. These features cannot be unlocked with the Grow or Scale plans.
The SamCart Launch Plan has what the Launch Plan doesn’t. It features customer management, subscription charges reminders, advanced cancellations, upsell capabilities, and many other features.
Advanced SamCart features are included in the SamCart scale plan. This plan includes all features of the Launch and Grow plans, as well as their Affiliate Center, cart abandonment and built-in A-B testing. It also integrates CRM integrations, webhooks and priority email and chat support.
For large companies, the SamCart Business Plan can be used. This plan includes a dedicated account manager and integration setup. It also gives you everything you need to get going quickly.
Notification: SamCart updated its pricing page and changed the names of their plans (originally called the Basic Plan, Pro Plan & Premium Plan).
Every SamCart pricing program comes with a free trial and a money back guarantee.
ThriveCart vs. SamCart
Both SamCart and ThriveCart have very similar services. Which would you choose? The choice between the two can be difficult. As with most competing services, which one you choose is up to your particular needs.
ThriveCart seems to be a little more professional, at least in my opinion, when i t comes to creating shopping carts and the visual editor. I was happier with the results of ThriveCart. I found the administration area to be more intuitive.
I liked ThriveCart’s affiliate system, which has more functionality and allows affiliates to create their own bonuses. This is something that most third-party affiliate programs don’t offer. SamCart’s affiliate program, on the other hand, is extremely basic. I would recommend using an affiliate service if you are serious in affiliate marketing.
Many people will choose between SamCart or ThriveCart based on the services they are currently using. If you use Braintree to process credit cards, this will restrict your options to SamCart as ThriveCart doesn’t offer it.
What are some alternatives to SamCart These are some of the most popular alternatives to SamCart:
SamCart accounts are a significant monthly investment but it is still a powerful platform for internet marketers (especially those who have the Scale Plan).
You will be able to create beautiful checkout pages with their advanced features and easy-to-use interface (and a new drag-and-drop editor).
SamCart is an excellent online shopping cart for bloggers or people selling digital products.
SamCart is not the best choice if you sell physical products.
SamCart’s biggest drawback is its high price. SamCart can be quite expensive over time. SamCart has made numerous improvements to the service since its launch in 2015.
As an alternative, I recommend ThriveCart.
My personal experience with ThriveCart was a result of its powerful affiliate program and one-time fee.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is SamCart?
SamCart is a shopping cart for checkout platforms that simplifies the process. It offers a number of features such as one-click upsells, order bumping and subscription pricing. SamCart allows you to create membership websites with a solid payment structure.
SamCart offers a free trial.
SamCart’s pricing page clearly shows that they offer a 14-day free trial for all plans (Pro and Premium). There is no money-back guarantee.
How much does SamCart cost?
SamCart offers three pricing options that are affordable for all budgets. The basic plan, the Launch Plan (which costs $49 per month), includes everything you need in order to get started. The Grow Plan, which costs $99 per month, includes features such as upsell and the most costly Scale Plan ($199 per month), which includes affiliate tracking.
How can I cancel my SamCart Account?
SamCart dashboard users cannot cancel their accounts. Either use the SamCart dashboard’s live chat or send an email to email@example.com. You don’t have to worry because they are always responsive.