This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. This doesn’t influence our ratings at all. Read our affiliate disclaimer.
What there is to know about the Nike Affiliate program?
Nike’s brand needs no introduction because it is popular across the world. It has dominated the sports industry for years, and you likely have Nike products in your home. It’s a great brand, and they are the best marketers, and the “Just Do It” campaign speaks loudly.
They have an affiliate program, and they pay good commissions. Though it cannot beat the Amazon Associates Program for its numerous goods, since this brand is enormous and trusted globally, you have higher potential. And it’s not much flooded like the Amazon affiliates program. Below is a guide to this program.
Nike Affiliate Program
Nike doesn’t offer an in-site affiliate program, but you can join it through existing affiliate networks. But their affiliate landing page has all the basic information you need to know. There is a “Apply Now” button on their landing page that will take you to the AWIN affiliate network or another type based on your location.
CJ affiliates also offer you a chance to join Nike’s affiliate program, and there is a 30-day referral period on AWIN, while CJ Affiliates offers only seven days. Strangely, the Nike landing page mentions the 30-day referral period while the CJ affiliate doesn’t offer.
For starters, always go to their official page and click the “Apply Now” button. Therefore, the site will redirect you to the Nike affiliate program, where you can apply. This is because a simple Google search will show you multiple affiliate programs besides the CJ affiliate. It’s vital to search directly from the site because their commission and durations differ.
After you become an affiliate partner, you can offer the customers promotions, free deliveries on some thresholds, and promotions.
Benefits of the Nike Affiliate Program
The Nike affiliate program has many benefits, and this includes the 11% commission. And surprisingly, you will have a 30-day cookie period. Therefore, if a customer visits the Nike website via your unique link and makes a purchase within 30 days, then you will be rewarded for the referral.
Besides, Nike products are quite expensive, and their average price is $135. Therefore, for every sale, you will make at least a $20 commission per sale. And if you make only five sales, then you will earn $100. You won’t need to own any shop, products or have a shipping partner. You only leverage an existing brand and get a share by promoting their products. Besides, you will also enjoy good commissions on various products and regular news updates from the company.
Sporting Retailers Who Sell Nike Products
There are many sporting retailers globally who have a good, broad selection of Nike shoes. This is ideal for anyone with a general niche as they have shoes for different sports. Whether it’s football, basketball, and more, you have broad options for shoes. Golfing shoes are one of the most searched, yet their completion in the affiliate industry remains low.
Getting started with a niche website
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. . You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch and SemRush. Take it to a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book for example so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1.000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video. I would also recommend launching a YouTube channel as it will give you the extra exposure you need to take full advantage of the audience. On the platform, you can create videos reviewing the products and drop links below that will guide your audience to Nike’s official website. Fitness niche sites are also an excellent platform for Nike shoes and other products, but their content must be relayed with what you are marketing. Otherwise, you will lose authority and trust during the marketing process. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- TAKE ACTION!
Nike is a very powerful brand that is popular across the world. If you would like to join their affiliate program, I will recommend implementing it with other popular affiliate programs. It also has high potential, and the 30-day cookies make it a good affiliate program for both beginner and experienced affiliate marketers.
The only drawback of the Nike affiliate program is the serious competition, making it harder to have a higher buyer intent with keyword research. However, competition is tough across other referral programs, and this should not limit you from promoting Nike’s products.