This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. This doesn’t influence our ratings at all. Read our affiliate disclaimer.
In this post, you’ll learn what to know about Fiverr Affiliate program.
Fiverr is one of the largest marketplaces for services, which start at $5. Fiverr calls these services Gigs, and are available in different categories. Besides selling your services on the platform, they also give you a chance to earn by referring clients to the platform. Therefore, you can sell your services on Fiverr and also invite people to earn commissions in their affiliate program.
The services in this marketplace vary from content writing to web design, psychological helpers, virtual assistants, and relationship gurus. These services cover different niches, and they are all designed to help online businesses.
Founder: Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger
Headquarters: Tel Aviv, Israel
Service Categories: 200
Operations: 160 countries
So, what is the Fiverr affiliate program?
Overview of the Fiverr Affiliate Program and Commission Structure
The Fiverr affiliate program pays you based on a hybrid commission system. This means that you will get a fixed commission for your direct referrals and a 10% commission for the sales by your referrals. In total, you will earn up to $150 based on your commission structure.
Like most affiliate programs, this Fiverr program is free to join, but you need to be approved. If you put in some good answers, then you will be accepted instantly by the system. This affiliate program also assigns you a unique link just like others which helps you earn a commission when a sale is made via your tracking link.
The commission which Fiverr offers you is from the 20% they cut from the price paid by the customer for a gig. The Fiverr program is awe-inspiring since it’s a lifetime commission; that is, even if your clients purchase the services after many years, you will still get rewarded. And each time they make a purchase, you earn a commission.
Fiverr has different commission structures, and you only need to choose one that suits your needs.
Fiverr’s Referral Payments Systems
Fiverr affiliate program is both a CPA and hybrid model. CPA is the initials for Cost per Acquisition. In this model, you need to use your leads to make purchases, but you will enjoy higher commissions. For instance, the book or writing section pays you a commission of $50, while proofreading & editing has a $30 commission.
From its name, the hybrid model is a combination of the CPA and Revenue share models. You are getting the benefits of both since you will get a small CPA commission but earn revenue each time your referral purchases a service.
Fiverr also offers this third type of affiliate model where you get a commission for referring affiliates. Once the affiliates earn some commission, you will get a percentage of their earnings.
Steps to Make Money with Fiverr Affiliate Program
If you want to make money from this affiliate program, you have tons of options. These include:
Creating a Guide in your Niche and Recommending Fiverr Services
Refer Fiverr Services
This is ideal for those who have bought a Fiverr service before. You write an article recommending it and include the service you got on the platform, such as a logo or other graphic designs. This will attract people to the platform and the freelancer.
Write a Fiverr Review
You can also write a review comparing Fiverr to other freelancing platforms. Once you have a good review of it, most readers who want freelancing services may join the platform.
Promote the Fiverr Services on Social Media Platforms
Since Fiverr has about 200 categories, you can promote any of them on Facebook and other social media platforms. But avoid spamming your links everywhere as it will not work. Instead, focus on answering the questions your readers have or solving their problems.
Getting started with a niche website
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. . You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch and SEMRUSH
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book for example so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1.000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video reviews or tutorials to educate your visitors. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- Trial Building content that gets crawled from the search engines like Google, Bing, etc. is primordial to get ranked. To make this a bit easier SemRush is an outstanding tool and by far more than just a KeyWord tool. It helps to improve online visibility and discovering marketing insights. This tool and all reports help SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management. Take it to a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
Pros of Fiverr Affiliate Program
Long Cookie Window
Additionally, unlike some affiliate programs with a short cookie window, Fiverr offers you a 30-day cookie period. This is very convenient for you to make sales. Besides, they offer a deep-linking feature. Instead of using the standard homepage link, you can link directly to the product or article related to your content to increase your conversion rates.
Reliable Customer Care Support Team
Besides, they have a full-time support team you can contact anytime you have a question or query. This makes the process easier and also shows commitment. Finally, you will have multiple payment methods ranging from the EUR, USD, and GBP currencies. They also pay via bank accounts, Payoneer, and PayPal.
And since it’s an established company, its affiliate program is robust and handy. Besides, it has no serious competitors, and its services are top-notch. They range from marketing, design, and content writing, and you can invite referrals from any category you’re interested in.
Popular and Global Company
Fiverr is a popular marketplace across the world. And due to this factor, many clients trust it hence higher conversion rates.
Fiverr boasts one of the largest freelancer marketplaces to suit different audiences. You can choose one of the services and invite clients to make purchases.
Cons of Fiverr Affiliate Program
Commissions for First-time Buyers Only
Though the Fiverr program is impressive, they only offer commissions for first-time buyers. Most affiliate programs offer bonuses even for regular buyers, making it easier to make money via affiliate marketing. But due to this restriction, it is unappealing though they have tried to offset this with their $10 CPA revenue share commission plan.
Manual Payments System
Also, the affiliate program payment system is manual and not automated. Therefore, you must request payments, and this can be frustrating at times. Also, their minimum payment threshold is $100 or local equivalent, which is quite high for budding affiliates. A $50 minimum pay would be attractive and standard, but that’s not the case here.
Since Fiverr is a diverse marketplace, you will enjoy the best conversion rates. You can invite clients spanning different industries, considering it has over 100 sub-categories for you to earn money from the comfort of your home. Whether you are promoting video professionals, IT developers, web designers, content writers, or proofreaders, you will not miss making money on this platform.