Wish can be described as an American online e-commerce application and website that facilitates transactions between buyers and sellers. Wish was founded in the year 2010 by Piotr Szulczewski James Prendergast and Danny Zhang. Wish is managed under the umbrella of ContextLogic Inc. out of San Francisco, United States ( Source).
Wish is in essence a massive marketplace with a variety of bizarre random items that promise big-time savings but lengthy shipping times. It is amazing that according to Forbes the site “is the third-largest e-commerce market across the United States by sales”.
It has a massive presence on the internet:
You can see that the brand averages about 13.5 million organic traffic per month.
Does Wish have an Affiliate Program?
Yes, it is. You can join this Wish Affiliate program by clicking here. There is also the opportunity to refer friends.
Based on the Wish blog, the way in which the referral program works is “when your new referee purchases their first item, and you use your promo code, it allows you to enjoy discounts of up to 20%. After the transaction is completed, and you have received your reward of $5. If you refer 20 people within a month, you’ll receive an additional $100 in bonus.”
It is clearly different from the affiliate program which you receive actual cash in lieu of credits or rebates to make use of to purchase Wish.
If you’re interested in learning how to earn money through referrals, you must check out this Wish blog. They offer a step-by-step process for converting individuals, whether they’re your clients or friends.
Wish Affiliate Alternatives
If you’re in search of Wish alternative affiliates, check out the following brands, who are competing with Wish in the SERPs of Google All have affiliate programs:
Getting started with a niche website
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch and SemRush. Take it to a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book, for example, so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video. I would also recommend launching a YouTube channel as it will give you the extra exposure you need to take full advantage of the audience. On the platform, you can create videos reviewing the products and drop links below that will guide your audience to Nike’s official website. Fitness niche sites are also an excellent platform for Nike shoes and other products, but their content must be relayed with what you are marketing. Otherwise, you will lose authority and trust during the marketing process. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template, so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- TAKE ACTION!