What Has Costco’s Affiliate Program To Offer?
Costco has an affiliate program. We’ll look into the details and discuss the pros and cons of this program.
Costco Wholesale Corporation was established in 1983. It is a US multinational corporation that manages a chain of membership-only warehouses.
Costco, one of the biggest retailers worldwide, sells brand-name products and private label brands, Kirkland Signature, in large quantities at fair prices.
This retail giant also offers gas stations and optical and hearing aid centers, pharmacies, as well as travel services.
Costco’s brand is dominant, with 100,000,000 members, over 750 locations, and a quarter-million employees.
Costco offers multiple membership levels, dedicated customers, and hundreds upon hundreds of locations. So, you may be wondering if Costco has an affiliate program to help you make money.
How does Costco’s Affiliate program work?
Costco’s affiliate program works on the basis of cost per sale (CPA). You get paid when a potential customer signs up for a Costco membership.
The commission rate for memberships is up to $6, with non-recurring one-time payments.
The cookie duration can be set to a session (not product-based).
The payment threshold for $50 is met and payments are sent to your bank account.
Costco Affiliate Program Pros
Costco has a full-time marketing supervisor that speeds up everything and supports you, your affiliate. This is great news!
Costco’s brand has been well-known. They are two words, but they speak volumes. Costco is well known in the United States as well as globally. This makes it easy for new members to recognize.
Costco Affiliate Program Cons
First of all, Costco’s affiliate program information isn’t available on its website. It’s difficult for people looking to make partnerships.
It might be ok, though, as Costco’s commission rates are very low.
Costco is not like another affiliate program. Costco doesn’t provide its affiliates with marketing materials such as banners and other creative substances.
One major flaw is the fact that the company doesn’t pay commissions on the sales of your products through your website.
This is dependent on the membership level. Affiliates can earn $3 for standard memberships, and $6 for executive memberships.
Costco’s conversion time is also what we consider “session-based.”
Costco does not allow deep linking. However, Costco partners can generate links that send traffic directly to Costco.
Costco is not driven by online sales like Amazon and Walmart. Costco’s success depends on the actual customers that walk through its doors. Comparables are much more successful with online sales.
Getting started with a niche website
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. . You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch and SemRush. Take it to a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book for example so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1.000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video. I would also recommend launching a YouTube channel as it will give you the extra exposure you need to take full advantage of the audience. On the platform, you can create videos reviewing the products and drop links below that will guide your audience to Nike’s official website. Fitness niche sites are also an excellent platform for Nike shoes and other products, but their content must be relayed with what you are marketing. Otherwise, you will lose authority and trust during the marketing process. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- TAKE ACTION!
Costco may be a well-known brand that is successful for itself but it doesn’t necessarily mean that affiliates will enjoy the same rewards.
Join at Flex Offers.