This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. This doesn’t influence our ratings at all. Read our affiliate disclaimer.
In this post, you’ll learn what to know about the Chewy Affiliate program.
The Chewy Affiliate program offers $12-$15 for every sale.
When building a pet niche website, you’ll need affiliate programs to make money via commissions. The most popular is the Amazon Associates program but there are other popular affiliate programs such as Chewy. Chewy.com is a leading online vendor that supplies pet products, and they have an amazing affiliate program.
Founded less than 10 years ago, it has become a household name in the pet food, and products industry in the US. It boasts of over 65 thousand products, and luckily, it enables you to earn commissions by promoting its products.
So, what is the Chewy affiliate program?
Overview of the Chewy Program
The Chewy affiliate program is ideal for both beginners and experienced marketers looking to market furry friends’ products. This online retailer was founded by Ryan Cohen and Michael Day in 2011 and is based in Dania Beach, Florida. It has a revenue of over $26 million annually.
In 2017, Chewy acquired it for $3.35 billion, and its estimated revenue is about $4.85 billion. They have thousands of products ranging from Buffalo to Nutro, Natural Balance, and more. Unlike most companies, Chewy deals with products in a wide array of niches such as foods, toys, medicines, clothing, and training, which makes it attractive for affiliate marketing. But though it is based in Florida, it also has branches in Indiana, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.
How Much you can earn on their program
Chewy.com will pay you $15 for every new customer sign-up. The company has a 15-day last touch cookie, which enables you to earn a commission if a customer buys a product within 15 days after clicking your unique affiliate link. Your total earnings will depend on your efforts.
Chewy Commission Rates and Rules
The chewy program is quite different from others as it requires you to invite new customers. Therefore, you won’t earn any bonus or commission if it is a repeat customer on the platform. Though it is discouraging to some affiliates, you should work on inviting new referrals to the platform.
How to Join the Chewy Program
Joining the program is an easy process if you meet their requirements. Partnerize manages it, and they handle the tracking, reporting, and payments. You won’t have any challenges during the application, and providing your site has the relevant traffic will be approved.
Chewy Affiliate Program Overview
Chewy affiliate program is ideal for those who are enthusiastic about pet niche affiliate programs. It offers the chance to pet enthusiasts to earn money from the comfort of their homes. Apart from joining with Partnerize, you can also join the Chewy program via FlexOffers. Just sign up as a publisher and complete the application process.
After signing up for this affiliate program, you’ll be free to promote pet products via your site or blog. But unlike other affiliate programs, which give you commission for every successful sale, you’ll be earning money here for new sign-ups. So, how do you know a new customer? According to the company, this is anybody who has purchased from it since 2012. Joining the company via Partnerize is best because you’ll be rewarded $15 for every new customer within 15 days of them clicking your unique link. But for Flexoffers, it stands at $12 for new customers.
Why Should You Promote Chewy?
Most pet owners treat their cats and dogs like family, and they can go to any length to ensure their basic needs are met. From their food to medicine, most pet owners shop their pet products online. Therefore, if you choose the pet niche in affiliate marketing, it will be easier for you to make money.
Besides Chewy being a good retailer for pet products, they have more benefits in their affiliate program. Below are some benefits of this affiliate program:
Free& Easy to Join
Whether you are joining via Flexoffers or Partnerize, you will have a free program in Chewy. But I will recommend joining via Partnerize as the process is easier than the Flexoffers option. Besides, it has a step-by-step guide to help you out in a few clicks. Their dashboard is also user-friendly, and this will help you manage orders faster and more conveniently. Additionally, you can analyze performance and other metrics with ease.
Good and Reliable Customer Care Support
Additionally, their team offers you the support you need as an affiliate marketer promoting the products. The company has hired an affiliate team to ensure your success in the industry. And in case of any questions or queries, just ask, and they will answer your questions.
11 Ways to Make Money With Chewy.com
With this affiliate program, you have many ways of earning commissions.
- Write lead-generating content. Make sure you write content that will generate leads. There are some questions people want to get clarified. They could search for healthy dog teeth or what harness suits best my cat. . You can make a list or write a review and tell people why they should buy product A instead of Product B. If you feel uncomfortable writing yourself you can hire a writer on Fiverr or Hirewriters.
- Invest in White Hat SEO traffic. A great SEO tool is Surfer SEO. Never use black hat SEO unless you want to get penalized by Google.
- Optimize traffic to convert by using targeted and low competition keywords. My favorite tool to find keywords is Keysearch.
To rank in Google, Bing, etc you need not only the right Keywords but there is SEO, PPC, SMM, competitive research, Content marketing, and here is where SemRush comes in. This is an online tool that offers all this. Take it for a free ride for 7 days by clicking here.
- Develop a niche-related website. To start your first website click here to learn more about it.
- Create an email list. You can build your email list by offering a free e-Book for example so you attract people to sign up. An email list makes it easy to engage your customers and make them coming back to your site. AI recommend using Mailerlite. They are free to use up to 1.000 subscribers.
- Put your affiliate links near the top. When you position your affiliate links near the top, it will be easier for you to convert. Make the links clearly visible.
- Make video reviews or tutorials to educate your visitors. There is a lot of free video-making tools out there like Blender, Lightworks, and Shotcut to name just a few.
- Always Monitor Your Conversions Rates. You can split test your landing pages or put the affiliate links in different ways on your page and see which one converts better.
- Use a clean template so your visitors won’t get distracted. You get free themes over at wordpress.org
- Take advantage of social media. Social media allows people to interact. Grow your social media engagement by posting regularly on your Facebook Instagram page or Twitter account. The traffic from social accounts helps also to rank in google.
- Take action!
Finally, you will enjoy $12 to $15 for every successful sale with this affiliate program. This amount is very impressive considering the increasing demand for pet foods and other products. Therefore, there is a chance many new customers will buy their products via your unique link. This increases your earning potential in this affiliate program.
Being a Chewy.com affiliate is one of the best decisions you can make, especially with a pet niche website. Many people are looking for good pet products, and if you prove you can be trusted, then finding customers will be an easy task. But avoid overruling affiliate marketing as the major monetizing method since you will be getting commissions for new customers only.